Notice of full-time academic vacancies
We are looking for amazing! If you are dynamic and would like the opportunity to help us to be recognized as the best student-centered College in the country, then you will find it here. As a member of our team, you will help students find their passions and help them achieve their amazing. If this is you, then join us at the hub of the Great Lakes, in the traditional territory of the Anishnaabek people.
The Opportunity: A flight instructor to provide flight instruction from ab initio to the multi-engine instrument rating level, related pre- and post-flight briefings, Preparatory Ground Instruction, and flight simulator training. Flight Instructors will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining student records, and providing production reports as required by the Dean, Chair, CFI, ACFI and Operations Manager.
What you need to be successful:
• an Aviation College Diploma or an aviation related University Degree or equivalent industry experience
• a minimum valid Class III Instructor Rating with the requirement to upgrade to Class II
• a non-Aviation related university degree will be considered an asset
• familiarity with all required subjects and Transport Canada flight test guides and CARs as they relate to Private, Commercial, Multi-Engine and Instrument training
• be in good standing with Transport Canada
• teaching experience is an asset
• strong communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively within a collaborative team environment
• excellent leadership, mentoring, presentation skills
• strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
• knowledge of a variety of software packages
• be prepared to demonstrate flying and communication skills at the interview
These are full-time academic bargaining unit positions. Salary range is $42,924 to $72,876 and is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Sault College invites applications from all qualified individuals and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. We fairly hire the best candidates based on merit.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME, COVER LETTER AND THREE REFERENCES VIA EMAIL QUOTING COMPETITION #2020-F106 IN THE SUBJECT LINE TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance – only those selected for an interview will be contacted.