Notice of full-time academic vacancies
We are looking for amazing! If you are dynamic and would like the opportunity to help us to be recognized as the best student-centered College in the country, then you will find it here. As a member of our team, you will help students find their passions and help them achieve their amazing. If this is you, then join us at the hub of the Great Lakes, in the traditional territory of the Anishnaabek people.
The Opportunity: A full-time Professor of Aviation to provide instruction to Aviation students at the College level. In addition to providing flight instruction from ab initio to the multi-engine instrument rating level, related pre and post flight briefings and flight simulator training, the incumbent will be responsible for curriculum development, teaching assigned courses, and the provision of academic leadership.
What you need to be successful:
• an Aviation or Engineering related Baccalaureate Degree or a College Aviation Diploma
• a valid Class I Aeroplane Flight Instructor Rating with at least 1,000 hours of instructing experience
• an Airline Transport Pilot License (or have successfully written the ATPL exams)
• a valid Group I Instrument Rating, and at least 500 hours as Pilot in Command of a multiengine aircraft
• a non-Aviation related university degree and/or other teaching credentials or experience considered assets
• demonstrated excellent flying skills
• strong communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively within a collaborative team environment
• familiarity with all required subjects and Transport Canada flight test guides and CARs as they relate to Private, Commercial, Multi-Engine and Instrument training
• a strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
• knowledge of a variety of software packages
These are full-time academic bargaining unit positions. Salary range is $65,250 to $113,115 and is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Sault College invites applications from all qualified individuals and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. We fairly hire the best candidates based on merit.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME, COVER LETTER AND THREE REFERENCES VIA EMAIL QUOTING COMPETITION #2020-F107 IN THE SUBJECT LINE TO: email@example.com
We thank all applicants in advance – only those selected for an interview will be contacted.