Closing Date/Time: Mon. 10/31/22 12:00 PM Eastern Time
Salary: $67,893.00 - $117,697.00 Annually
Job Type: Full Time Professor
Location: 1400 Barrydowne Road, Sudbury, ON P3A 3V8
Cambrian College is committed to student success, lifelong learning, and responding to the diverse needs of students in today’s ever-changing global marketplace. Within this dynamic, student-centered environment, the Schools of Justice, Community Services, and General Studies has been delivering vocationally relevant and in-demand education programs since the College first opened its doors in 1967. Today, the Schools of Justice and General Studies offers a number of certificates, diploma, advanced diploma, and graduate certificate programs. Within this context of inspiring innovation and excellence, the Schools of Justice and General Studies requires a full-time Professor to teach Math and Science within its Academic Upgrading Program beginning in January 2023. Please click here to see the details of this program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate is expected to teach different courses within the Upgrading program, with a strong focus on math and sciences. Within this program, students develop their math and science skills by focusing on foundational concepts while bridging to increasingly sophisticated tasks as they progress through the program. Additional instruction is provided to build critical thinking skills and study strategies. Students in the Academic Upgrading program are typically seeking prerequisites for future postsecondary studies, working towards their grade 12 equivalency certificate or working towards a need for employment.
The incumbent will also be required to engage in a variety of activities that support teaching and learning and promote student success. These will include curriculum development, lesson planning, assessing student progress and achievement, and classroom management. Beyond their teaching duties, the successful candidate will be expected to establish an effective learning environment and work as a collaborative team member contributing to the overall direction of the program. Lastly, the incumbent will also have the opportunity to participate on College and school committees to advance the College’s strategic priorities.
(Cambrian’s Academic Upgrading program runs year-round in a continuous intake model. This position will require the incumbent to teach throughout the summer months. The program is delivered in a blended model, utilizing both in-person and virtual delivery. The successful candidate will be required to teach in both modalities.)
- Bachelor of Education degree with qualifications in either science or math at the Secondary Senior level.
- Bachelor degree in either science (biology, chemistry or physics) or math. (A copy of educational documents must be submitted with application *** education completed outside of Canada, applicants are required to submit a WES or ICAS with their application)
- Minimum of two years of teaching or tutoring experience in an adult learning environment.
- Ability to relate and communicate positively, effectively, and professionally with others and function effectively within a team environment.
- Ability to provide leadership and mentorship and be an effective role model in the classroom.
- Ability to utilize creative teaching approaches and current and emerging teaching and learning strategies to enhance student success.
- Demonstrated ability to use a variety of educational technologies, including in-class media presentation systems, learning management systems, and other relevant classroom technologies.
- Ability to work with students from diverse educational, religious, and cultural backgrounds.
- Solid commitment to students and education.
- Excellent written communication skills and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer literacy and effective critical thinking and organizational skills.
- Master’s degree in education
- Educational documents
- WES/ICAS Equivalence if degrees/diplomas are from a Non-Canadian University
- Teaching Philosophy Statement